John P. Sheahan on Petersburg trenches, 1864
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John P. Sheahan, 1st lieutenant of Co. E of the 31st Maine Infantry, wrote to his father in Dennysville about the importance of mail and the appeal of "home sweet home."
He also drew a sketch of the Petersburg trenches.
- Title: John P. Sheahan on Petersburg trenches, 1864
- Creator: Sheahan, John P.
- Creation Date: 1864-07-23
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Dennysville, Petersburg
- County: Washington
- State: ME, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 20 x 12.5
- Local Code: Coll. 184, Box 1/9
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.