Purington Hall, Farmington State Normal School, 1936
Purington Hall was built in 1914 to house the growing student population at the Farmington State Normal School. It opened in 1914 as the school's first dormitory and was named after the school's fourth principal, George C. Purington. In 1922, it housed 117 female students and included a matron's suite, hospital suite, and living room. Its dining room accommodated 230, so students housed elsewhere could dine in the Hall. The matron for many years was Mrs. L. Estelle Allen, affectionately known as "Ma Allen" to the students. This image was taken in 1936.