Normal School students in Mary Palmer Garden, 1948
These three young women reading in the Mary Palmer Garden may have been student residents of the Home Economics Cottage. The garden, originally planned and tended by Home Economics teacher Mary Palmer in the back yard of the Cottage, was later restored in its current location between Ricker and Preble Halls. The original entrance arbor, seen in this photo, was replaced in 2012. The original sign has been placed in the new arbor.