Model School Classroom, Farmington State Normal School, 1917
By the 1900s, the Model School within the Farmington State Normal School was growing along with its reputation. These are third and fourth grade students from a class in 1917.
In the 1920s, W. G. Mallett and other area educators championed combining the Model School with the town school. The new combined training school opened in 1932 and was renamed the W.G. Mallett School in 1942.