Agnes Mantor, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1940
During her long career at Farmington State Normal School (later known as Farmington State Teachers College), Agnes Mantor was tasked with organizing the college's growing book collection and teaching library skills to students. In 1951, she became the official librarian. She is shown here in the Edith Clifford Library, in Merrill Hall. In 1955, a new library was built and dedicated to Miss Mantor, "In view of her long service to the college."