Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Samuel de Champlain, one of the early European explorers of North America, the "Father of New France." Lake Champlain is named after him.
This half-tone photo-etched illustration comes from the book Pine Tree Coast by Samuel Adams Drake, published in Boston by Estes & Laurent in 1891 (p. 357).
About This Item
- Title: Samuel de Champlain
- Creator: Drake, Samuel Adams
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: circa 1600
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: 917.41 D91
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Explorers--France--United States--Maine
- New France--Discovery & exploration--French
- Champlain, Samuel de (1567-1635)--Portraits
- America--Discovery & exploration--French
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.