Contributed by Portland Public Library
This is a program for the Kotzschmar Jubilee presented on June 30, 1899 at City Hall in Portland..
The program has a photo of the mature Hermann Kotzschmar on the front, and a photo from 1849 on the back.
The first part of the presentation was made up of small works, and part two consisted of a full performance of Haydn's "Creation."
The Jubilee Chorus of 250 voices and the Boston Festival Orchestra were conducted by Emil Mollenhauer. There were three local soloists, one from New York, and two from Boston. Inside the front cover is a brief biography of Kotzschmar.
About This Item
- Title: Program from 1899 Kotzschmar Jubilee
- Creation Date: 1899-06-30
- Subject Date: 1899-06-30
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 11 cm
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Portland Public Library
5 Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Music societies--Maine--Portland
- Concert Halls
- Concert programs
- City Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Kotzschmar Jubilee (Portland, Me.)--Choral programs
- Art, literature & entertainment
- Boston Festival Orchestra
- Program from the Kotzschmar Jubilee
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.