Ticonic Water Power and Manufacturing Co. documents, Waterville, 1866
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Prior to the existence of the Ticonic Water Power and Manufacturing Company, there were about fifty owners of water rights below the falls of the Kennebec River in Waterville. In 1866, a number of leading men in the town decided to form a company to harness a large part of that water power. This document details their plans to form this company and the notes taken at annual meetings in years following. In 1874 the company sold its rights to the land and water power to the Lockwood Company, which manufactured cotton cloth on the site until 1955.