Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Much has changed along Waterville's Main Street since it was photographed here in the early 1900s. Here, a man and a woman stand in front of Blanchard's Music Store, where shoppers could by pianos, organs, bicycles, and sewing machines. Next door is a bicycle factory and repair shop and an Advent Hall and store advertising "Job Printing." The street itself is paved with cobblestones and has trolley tracks running down it.
About This Item
- Title: Waterville Main Street, ca. 1900
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.1 cm x 12.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cobblestone roads--Maine--Waterville
- Main Street (Waterville, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Waterville
- Music stores--Maine--Waterville
- Bicycle stores--Maine--Waterville