Inventory of boxes sent to front, Washington D.C., 1864
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Agency Sanitary Commission in Washington, D.C. coordinated much of the care of Maine soldiers and services provided to them.
Among the agency's duties was forwarding boxes of goods shipped from home, or boxes with supplies for regiments, to the front. Many of the boxes were sent through the agency's Portland office.
The report is for January 26, 1864.
- Title: Inventory of boxes sent to front, Washington D.C., 1864
- Creator: Hayes, C. C.
- Creation Date: 1864-01-26
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Portland, Washington
- County: Cumberland
- State: DC, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 24.6 x 19.5
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 1/3
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.