Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Agency Sanitary Commission in Washington, D.C. coordinated much of the care of Maine soldiers and services provided to them.
Among the agency's duties was forwarding boxes of goods shipped from home, or boxes with supplies for regiments, to the front. Many of the boxes were sent through the agency's Portland office.
The report is for January 26, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Inventory of boxes sent to front, Washington D.C., 1864
- Creator: Hayes, C. C.
- Creation Date: 1864-01-26
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Portland, Washington
- County: Cumberland
- State: DC, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.6 cm x 19.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 1/3
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- United States Sanitary Commission
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Civilian relief
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.