Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Granville Sparrow, who had served as a captain in Co. B of the 17th Maine Infantry Volunteers, kept his 17th Maine Regiment Association medal that proclaims, "Fredericksburg to Appomattox 1862 to 1865."
The regiment served for three years and fought in 30 engagements.
About This Item
- Title: Sparrow 17th Maine medal, ca. 1866
- Creation Date: circa 1866
- Subject Date: circa 1866
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Metal
- Local Code: 1998.453.38
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907--Associated objects
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.