Wyman Station, Bingham, 1929
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Stretching 2,250 feet across the Kennebec River between Pleasant Ridge Plantation and Moscow, the 155-foot-high Wyman Dam was called a marvel of engineering when it began operating in 1931. Shown here is a drawing from the Portland architectural firm of John Calvin Stevens. The dam was named for Central Maine Power Company founder Walter S. Wyman (1874-1942).