Stonecutters, Deer Isle, c. 1930
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Granite quarrying was an important industry in Maine. Granite was quarried and shipped south to Boston and New York for use in large building projects.
This quarry is on Deer Isle off the coast of Maine in Hancock County.
- Title: Stonecutters, Deer Isle, c. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Deer Isle
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 90, Box 17/7
- Collection: Noyes, Benjamin Lake Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.