Burnham and Morrill Company Trademark for Cape Shore Brand Canned Mackerel
Contributed by Maine State Archives
This colorful trademark label for canned mackerel contains an image of three fishermen in a small open boat catching fish. It has a large mackerel in the foreground and a sailboat in the background. The label notes the award of gold medals at the Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia in 1876 and in Paris in 1878. This trademark label was submitted to the Maine Secretary of State in 1891 in order to obtain legal protection for the design.
- Title: Burnham and Morrill Company Trademark for Cape Shore Brand Canned Mackerel
- Creator: Burnham and Morrill Company
- Creation Date: 1891-01-19
- Subject Date: 1891-01-19
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions (cm): 30.5 x 23
- Local Code: tmmacker
- Collection: Secretary of State Company Trademarks
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.