Burnham and Morrill Red Jacket lobster label
Contributed by Maine State Archives
A colorful trademark label for canned "deep sea" lobster, with an image of a lobster. The label contains a reference to apparently winning a gold medal in Paris in 1878.
This trademark label was submitted to the Maine Secretary of State in 1891 in order to obtain legal protection for the design.
- Title: Burnham and Morrill Red Jacket lobster label
- Creator: Burnham and Morrill Company
- Creation Date: 1891-01-19
- Subject Date: 1891-01-19
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 27.5 cm x 23.7 cm
- Local Code: tmlobste
- Collection: Secretary of State Company Trademarks
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.