Burnham and Morrill label, Portland, 1891
Contributed by Maine State Archives
A colorful trademark label for corn, with an image of an ear of corn.
The label contains a reference to apparently winning a gold medal in Paris in 1878 and a gold medal in New Orleans in 1886.
This trademark label was submitted to the Maine Secretary of State in 1891 in order to obtain legal protection for the design.
- Title: Burnham and Morrill label, Portland, 1891
- Creator: Burnham and Morrill Company
- Creation Date: 1891-01-19
- Subject Date: 1891-01-19
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions (cm): 28.5 x 23.5
- Local Code: tmcorn
- Collection: Secretary of State Company Trademarks
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.