Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This quadrant is made from ebony, ivory and brass. In the 1800s quadrants were used as navigational equipment and to take astronomical measurements for surveying and map making purposes.
About This Item
- Title: Quadrant
- Creator: Spencer, Browning & Rust
- Creation Date: circa 1800
- Subject Date: circa 1800
- State: ME
- Media: Ebony, ivory, brass
- Dimensions: 27 cm x 25 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: 4216*
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.