Sabattus Village to Dennis Hill electric railroads, ca. 1941
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-drawn map of the electric railway trackage between Sabattus Village and Dennis Hill. This line was opened by the Lewiston, Brunswick, & Bath Street Railway in 1898. Tacoma Inn, a popular tourist destination, was built by the street railway as a resort at the junction of Woodbury and Sand Ponds. The entire trackage east of Sabattus Village was abandoned in 1932 although trackage serving Long Beach was retained for summer trips to the lake. The line into Sabattus Village from Lewiston was abandoned in 1941. This is Plate 23 of the Maine Electric Railway Atlas, drawn by Charles D. Heseltine and edited by O.R. (Osmond Richard) Cummings in 1970.