Electric railroad route map, ca. 1933
Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-drawn map of the electric railway trackage along the coast between Portland and Yarmouth which opened for service in 1898. These trolley lines were all abandoned by 1933.
Note the various carbarns and turnouts along the road, as well as the popular tourist destination, Underwood Park, in Falmouth Foreside.
This is Plate 10 of the Maine Electric Railway Atlas, drawn by Charles D. Heseltine and edited by O.R. (Osmond Richard) Cummings in 1970.
- Title: Electric railroad route map, ca. 1933
- Creator: Heseltine, Charles D.
- Creation Date: circa 1970
- Subject Date: circa 1933
- Town: Cumberland, Falmouth, Portland, Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 22 cm
- Collection: Seashore Trolley Museum Library
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.