Comsat radome receiver station, Andover
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
At the time of this photograph, Sept. 17, 1980, this Comsat station rose 160 feet high and operated the first commercial communications satellite (Telstar) in 1962.
It took more than 1,200 gallons of special white paint to re-cover this station.
- Title: Comsat radome receiver station, Andover
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1980-09-17
- Subject Date: 1980-09-17
- Town: Andover
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 26 x 21
- Local Code: Coll. 1880 3/3
- Collection: United Press International (UPI)
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.