Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Alfred Poor (1809-1871) was the founder of the Portland Company, a steel fabricating company in Portland. He was a great promoter of railroads.
About This Item
- Title: John Alfred Poor, Portland, ca. 1860
- Creator: Lamson Studios
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 182, Box 2/2
- Collection: Lamson Studios collection of glass plate negatives : Maine people
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.