Contributed by Strong Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This American Champion horse-drawn road grader was used to maintain the roads in Strong for many years. When the town acquired a motor truck, the grader was modified to be drawn by the truck and was used for several more years.
About This Item
- Title: Road crew on horse-drawn road grader, Strong, ca. 1905
- Creator: Richardson, Charles Burton
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: ED.01.140.082
- Collection: C. B. Richardson Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.