Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Former Maine Governor Edmund Muskie speaks to a Democratic Party event in about 1977. Muskie was governor from 1964-1958, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate. He was an unsuccessful Democratic candidate for president in 1968 and 1972 and Secretary of State under President Jimmy Carter from May 1980 to January 1981.
About This Item
- Title: Edmund Muskie delivering a speech, 1977
- Creation Date: 1977
- Subject Date: 1977
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 1/3
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.