Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The "new" Portland High School, which opened in February 1919, included two kitchen classrooms, three sewing rooms, a laundry area and a model suite.
The school featured expanded industrial arts, household arts, and physical education programs.
About This Item
- Title: Cooking class, Portland High School, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 249, Box 1
- Collection: Beal, DePeter, Ward, Inc. architectural drawings
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.