Portland High School classroom, ca. 1920
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The new Portland High School opened February 15, 1919.
The home economics curriculum was intended to prepare girls for homemaking and introduce them to dressmaking, millinery and design occupations.
- Title: Portland High School classroom, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 249 Box 1
- Collection: Beal, DePeter, Ward, Inc. Architectural drawings collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.