Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This dramatic image shows the Pejepscot Paper Company on Main Street in Topsham in the background with the Androscoggin River roiling in the foreground.
George W. Barnes may have been the photographer in April 1895. The photographer's note says, "From Topsham just above Fishway." The electric plant is also in view.
About This Item
- Title: Pejepscot Paper Company, Topsham, April 1895
- Creator: Barnes
- Creation Date: 1895
- Subject Date: 1895
- Town: Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 390, 5/4
- Collection: Barnes family glass plate negatives
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Power industry--Maine--Topsham.
- Hydroelectric power--Maine--Topsham.
- Topsham (Me.)--Description and views.
- Adroscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Photographs.
- Pejepscot Paper Co. (Me.)--Photographs.
- Paper industry--Maine--Topsham.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.