Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is most likely a Junior Americanization class at the Woolson School on Chestnut Street in Portland. Colonial era pageants were a popular teaching tool in the 1920s used to inculcate reverence for early American history within the immigrant community.
About This Item
- Title: Americanization colonial pageant, Portland, ca. 1926
- Creator: Portland Press Herald Newspapers
- Creation Date: circa 1926
- Subject Date: circa 1926
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.12828
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.