Adult Americanization class, Portland, 1924
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Clara Soule, director of Americanization, standing in the back, taught an Americanization class for adults at Portland High School.
Most of the Americanization classes were composed of adult women, who were less likely than men to attend the Evening School classes already in place before 1922.
This photograph was published in the Portland Sunday Telegram on February 17th, 1924.
- Title: Adult Americanization class, Portland, 1924
- Creator: Portland Press Herald Newspapers; Portland Sunday Telegram
- Creation Date: 1924-02-17
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Local Code: 2005.061.7319; Coll. 1949
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.