Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A tintype made by George W. Campbell shows a man in Masonic regalia.
The maker's label reads, "Geo. W. Campbell, Mute Artist, Bowdoinham, Me."
About This Item
- Title: Man in Masonic regalia, Bowdoinham, ca. 1865
- Creator: Campbell, George W.
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Town: Bowdoinham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: 2007.224.035
- Collection: Vickery - Shettleworth Collection of Early Maine Photography
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations--Maine
- Photographic studios--Maine--Bowdoinham
- Fraternal organizations
- Masonic Order
- Portrait photographs
- Seated portraits
- Secret societies
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.