Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A badge worn by a Civil War veteran who belonged to the 1st, 10th or 29th Maine Infantry.
When the 1st Maine was mustered out, soldiers whose terms of enlistment had not expired were transferred to the 10th Infantry. Likewise, those who had time remaining when the 10th was mustered out, went into the 29th.
About This Item
- Title: 1-10-29 Maine Volunteers badge, ca. 1861
- Creation Date: circa 1861
- Subject Date: circa 1861
- State: ME
- Media: silk
- Local Code: 4058*b
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 29th (1863-1866)
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 10th (1861-1863)
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.