John Neal walking stick, Portland, 1850
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Neal (1793-1876), an arts critic and author from Portland, owned the wood walking stick with a brass tip and gold decorative knob at the top that is inscribed "John Neal Portland, Me."
It also has a leather cord threaded through a gold-lined hole near the top.
- Title: John Neal walking stick, Portland, 1850
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Wood, gold, leather, metal, brass
- Dimensions (cm): 34.8 x 1.2
- Local Code: 2004.133.001
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.