Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Claudia Seddon Mary Isabelle Church Wigglesworth (1909-1993) owned this pendant brooch and earrings.
Each amethyst is carved and then inlaid with a gilt flower and rose cut diamonds, with seed pearls for highlights. The pieces are set in gold.
Claudia Seddon Church married Arthur Aldred Wigglesworth on April 26, 1928. She was an active member of the Congregational Church, past regent of the General Knox Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, and a member of numerous historical societies.
She and her husband had eight children and lived in both Knox and Washington counties. While living in Princeton, she was active with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
About This Item
- Title: Claudia Wigglesworth brooch and earrings, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Town: Princeton
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Amethyst, pearl, diamonds, gold
- Local Code: 1996.351.1-3
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Amethyst, Jewel
- Diamond jewelry
- Daughters of the American Revolution. General Knox Chapter (Thomaston, Me.)
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Pendants (Jewelry)
- Wigglesworth, Claudia Seddon Mary Isabelle Church, 1909-1993--Associated objects
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.