Willimantic Thread Company advertising card
This advertising card describes the products of the Willimantic Thread Company and is stamped with the name of one of the distributors, Mrs. Warren J. Conlan of Biddeford. The Willimantic Thread Co. of Willimantic, Conn., opened a spool mill on Wilson's Stream in Township 8 Range 8 to produce wooden spools for its thread. The mill featured the first electric light in Piscataquis County and a modern facility. In 1881 the town was incorporated as Howard, but the name was changed to Willimantic in 1883.