Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Thomas Chamberlain of Brewer (1841-1896) was 21 when he enlisted on Aug. 29, 1862 as a sergeant in Co. I of the 20th Maine Infantry. His brother, Joshua L. Chamberlain, was commander of the regiment.
Thomas Chamberlain was promoted to 1st lieutenant of Co. G in 1863, to major in 1864, and to lieutenant colonel in 1864.
He served until July 1865.
About This Item
- Title: Thomas Chamberlain, Brewer, ca. 1864
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- State: ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1927
- Collection: 20th Maine Regiment officers photograph album
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine Regiments, 20th--Portraits
- Cartes de visite
- Portrait photographs
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiments, 20th--Portraits
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.