Scituate [now Brunswick] map, 1738
This is a 1738 map of the area around Brunswick, commissioned by the Pejepscot Company. The area is bounded on the northeast by the Androscoggin River and Merrymeeting Bay, and on the northwest by the former North Yarmouth town line. This map is marked #7. The Pejepscot Company was formed in 1714 when a group of proprietors acquired the land holdings of earlier owners and settlers in the Brunswick-Topsham-Harpswell-Lewiston area of Maine. The land was prized for timber, fur and fish resources. Scale [1:31,680] 160 rods = 1 inch.