Map of Freeport, ca. 1740
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is an early map of Freeport created when Maine was part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This is Map #70 of a large collection of maps commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors. The map number was probably assigned later by John McKeen, Clerk for the Pejepscot Proprietors. "Upper Country Road to Brunswick Falls" depicted in this map, is now known as Route 1, in Freeport.