Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Franklin C. Kimball of Portland was 17 when he enlisted in Co. F. of the 5th Maine Regiment on June 24, 1861.
Kimball (1845-1912), a musician in the regiment, carried this canteen through the Civil War. He was mustered out on July 27, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Kimball Civil War canteen
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Metal
- Local Code: PA109
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military life.
- United States. Army--Maine infantry regiment, 5th (1861-1864).
- United States. Army--Equipment.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.