Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Maine Division of the League of American Wheelmen, a lobbying and advocacy group that also held bicycle rallies and other events, held its 6th Annual Spring meet in Belfast on May 30, 1891.
The group is gathered at the Crosby Inn at the rear of the Customs House. The Inn opened June 1, 1890 and burned in 1896.
About This Item
- Title: League of American Wheelmen, Belfast, 1891
- Creator: W.C. Tuttle & Son, Photographers
- Creation Date: 1891-05-30
- Subject Date: 1891-05-30
- Town: Belfast
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Black and white photograph
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 3 ; 1993.111.5
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.