Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Rebecca Usher (1821-1912) was born in Hollis, the daughter of Ellis B. and Hannah Lane Usher. She attended the Ursuline Convent at Three Rivers Quebec.
During the civil War she served as a volunteer nurse in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
About This Item
- Title: Rebecca Usher, Hollis, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Hollis Center
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 9
- Collection: Rebecca Usher papers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Nurses, American
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- Ursuline Convent (Quebec).
- Usher, Rebecca, 1821-1912--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.