Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ca. 1850
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Longfellow was born Portland, Maine, educated at Bowdoin College, and finished his literary and teaching career at Harvard University in Massachusetts. His poetry includes the famous 'Evangeline', 'Hiawatha', and 'The Courtship of Miles Standish.'
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ca. 1850
- Creator: Southworth and Hawes
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Media: Black and white photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 18 x 13
- Local Code: Photographs--Longfellow, Henry ; see also Photographs--OS--Large--Box 5 ; A73-64-138
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.