Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
During the Maine Centennial celebration on July 5th, 1920, the "Military Parade" came second, following the "Parade of the Horribles and Antiques." Bands from the Second Band Coast Artillery, British "Calcutta," Japanese "Kasuga," Portuguese "San Gabriel," Battalion Marines and Sailors of the U.S.S. "Utah" participated in the parade, as well as bands from of the Third Maine Infantry Regiment, and the American Legion Band.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Centennial parade, military marching band, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920-07-05
- Subject Date: 1920-07-05
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2892
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- American Legion
- Bands (Music)--Maine
- Calcutta (Ship)
- Kasuga (Ship)
- Maine--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Maine. National Guard. Coast Artillery Corp., 2nd
- Marching bands--Maine--Portland
- San Gabriel (Ship)
- Utah (Ship)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.