Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pedestrians stroll in Monument Square, in front of Monroe Clothes, which was located at 20 Monument Square from 1924 to 1925. The Evening Express/Portland Sunday Telegram newspaper offices were located nearby at 13 Monument Square. Newspaper staff often took photographs outside the paper's offices.
About This Item
- Title: Street scene, Monument Square, Portland, ca. 1924
- Creation Date: circa 1924
- Subject Date: circa 1924
- Local Name: Monument Square
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.8343
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.