Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens architectural firm in Portland prepared this presentation and working drawing for the Gulf Island Station along the Androscoggin River at Gulf Island near Lewiston.
The Stevens firm designed a number of power station buildings for Central Maine Power Co.
Gulf Island Dam was built in 1926 and began generating electricity later that year.
About This Item
- Title: Gulf Island Station plans, ca. 1925
- Creator: Stevens, John Calvin
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Local Name: Gulf Island
- Town: Greene
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: paper
- Dimensions: 110 cm x 77 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Oversize Record 100, JCS0095-1-1926
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.