Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architects Fassett and Stevens of Boston prepared presentation drawings of the A.R. Wright cottage in Scarborough, which he designed in 1881.
Francis Fassett, a native of Bath, and John Calvin Stevens, of Portland, had a Boston office, but both did most of their work in Maine. Stevens opened his own firm in 1884 and was best known for his shingled, cottage-style homes.
This "cottage" has two stories and the drawing shows floor plans for each as well as exterior views of the building planned for Pine Point in Scarborough. A. R. Wright was a coal dealer in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: A.R. Wright cottage plans, Scarborough, 1881
- Creator: Stevens, John Calvin
- Creation Date: 1881-03-03
- Subject Date: 1881-03-03
- Town: Scarborough
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 44 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 1-D-3, JCS0035-1-1881
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens architectural drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.