Jewett Self-Heating Can promotion, ca. 1903
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A description of George S. Jewett's self-heating can for fruits, vegetables or other items. He received a patent on the can in 1903 and this description is endorsed on the back with a stamp dated May 23, 1903, "Office of Com.Gen. of Subs. War Department."
The flyer explains how the can works and notes it would be useful at "picnics and upon camping expeditions" and allows the user to heat the contents without building a fire.
- Title: Jewett Self-Heating Can promotion, ca. 1903
- Creator: Jewett, George S.
- Creation Date: circa 1903
- Subject Date: circa 1903
- Town: Norridgewock
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 27.5 x 24
- Local Code: Coll. 1532, Box 8
- Collection: Jewett Family
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.