Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fishermen's huts and the bow of a dory on Chebeague Island around 1888. Fishing for lobster, clams, mussels and mackerel was a central component of island life. Chebeague Island lies 10 miles off the coast of Portland in Casco Bay.
About This Item
- Title: Fishermen's huts, Chebeague Island, ca. 1888
- Creator: Dennett, J. Vaughn
- Creation Date: circa 1888
- Subject Date: circa 1888
- Town: Chebeague Island
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm x 18.2 cm
- Local Code: 0926
- Collection: General Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.