Contributed by Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at University of Southern Maine. Learn more.
This photograph records the summer reunion of Civil War veterans from the Fifth Maine Regiment on Peaks Island. The veteran soldiers and their family members are positioned on the steps and porch of the Fifth Maine Memorial Hall, a Queen Anne style cottage that they built in 1888 on the shore of Peaks Island overlooking Whitehead Passage and Cushing Island.
About This Item
- Title: Fifth Maine Regiment Veteran Reunion, Peaks Island, 1912
- Creator: Washburn, E.
- Creation Date: 1912
- Subject Date: 1912
- Local Name: Peaks Island
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph; jpg
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
45 Seashore Avenue, PO Box 41, Peaks Island, ME 04108
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864)
- Fifth Maine Regiment Community Building (Peaks Island, Me.)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories
- Reunions--Maine--Peaks Island
- Group portraits
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.