Contributed by Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
Painted and stenciled canvas made by Jonathan Fisher for sale to local militiamen during the War of 1812. This is an example of one of the many ways he used his talents to support his family. At the time this was made the town name was spelled as a single word - Bluehill.
About This Item
- Title: Bluehill Light Infantry Back Pack, Blue Hill, ca. 1812
- Creator: Fisher, Jonathan
- Creation Date: circa 1812
- Subject Date: circa 1812
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Canvas with paint
- Collection: Jonathan Fisher Memorial
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
44 Miles Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.