Stinchfield Monument, Lincoln, ca. 1887
The Stinchfield Monument in Lincoln was donated by Charles Stinchfield in honor of his father Jacob Stinchfield, who served in the Civil War. It is located on the North end of Main St. in front of the Methodist Church. The statue is seventeen feet from the base rock to the soldier's cap. The names of two hundred and twenty-seven soldiers and sailors are cut in the granite. The monument bears this inscription: "Erected in honor of the men of Lincoln who served their country in the war which preserved the Union, destroyed slavery and maintained the Constitution, 1861-1865."