Contributed by Prince Memorial Library
These Records of the Second Social Library in North Yarmouth were written in 1817 when the library, originally founded in Dec. 1793 when Cumberland was part of North Yarmouth, was incorporated, which occurred on Jan. 13, 1817.
Pages 2 through 4 are blank.
The Preamble and Laws are on pages 5-12 and show two places where the word "Second" was crossed out and "First" was substituted, and "North Yarmouth" was crossed out and "Cumberland" was substituted. This was likely done around the time that Cumberland seceded from North Yarmouth and became a separate town.
About This Item
- Title: Records of The Second Social Library in North Yarmouth, 1817
- Creator: The Second social Library in North Yarmouth
- Creation Date: 1817-01-13
- Subject Date: 1817-01-13
- Town: Cumberland, North Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Handwritten in ink on rag paper
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: 2010.0010
- Collection: Prince Memorial Library Archives
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Prince Memorial Library
266 Main Street, Cumberland, ME 04021
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Libraries--By-laws--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Libraries--Records and correspondence--Maine--Cumberland
- Libraries--Records and correspondence--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Prince Memorial Library (Cumberland, Me.)--History
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.